Friday, July 23, 2010

Using Flickr

I like the idea of a kind of "digital yearbook" that you and your students could create for your class on Flickr. And I appreciate the privacy settings, letting you limit the access to your students and their parents.

One immediate use of this can involve my college choir tours. Usually one of the students becomes the unofficial "tour photographer." Some years we have had some quite advanced photography students in the choir, and their photos have been really quite good. Flickr would be an ideal way for the entire choir to share these photos.


I also can envision this being used to supplement my college teaching. One of my dreams is to finally visit and study in Germany, where J.S. Bach lived and worked. This "virtual field trip" via photos from myself or a colleague who has been in Germany could make the lectures on Bach's life and work really come to life.




No comments:

Post a Comment