Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Sample Podcast

Here is a link to the first sample podcast on my wiki:

http://kantorhildebrand.pbworks.com/Podcasts

I think this went quite well for my first podcast. First of all, I was already acquainted with Audacity and have used it for some other professional projects. I had the add-on already installed to export files in mp3 format, so that saved a bit of time.

I was able to figure out how to adjust the input volume on the microphone, which made the sound quality a bit better.

I recorded some music right from my piano onto the podcast, and that worked well. As far as sophistication, however, it was not as good as if I would have a separate mp3 or wav file with the audio sample. I think using the piano might be good for a short example; but if I would use a podcast format for students to practice a music part at home, I would give verbal instructions on the podcast, and then save an audio mp3 file from my music notation program for their assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment